We all love to have the latest features in our smart house devices. Don’t we?
So, once there is a piece of news out there saying “An update is coming”, we will be looking forward to seeing how it will improve our devices.
However, the updating process may not be quite straightforward. It can take lots of time to receive. Sometimes, you may need to take manual actions to install it too.
Well, for ecobee, is this same, you may ask?
Ecobee seems to have a smart way of updating its firmware. This ability seems to be available in all type of ecobee versions.
Does ecobee automatically update?
Yes. All the ecobee devices (including ecobee3) are programmed to update them automatically. Once, there is a new update available; the ecobee device will automatically download it through the internet. Then It will automatically update its firmware.
What is the latest version of ecobee?
If you have any doubt about your ecobee firmware update process, then the best way to confirm it is to check your firmware version in the device.
If it is the latest one, then you do not need to worry about anything. Everything works fine.
However, your firmware seems to be a lower one than the currently available firmware version (in the market), then you need to check the reason.
To find the version of your ecobee, you can follow these steps.
- Goto the ecobee thermostat interface.
- Navigate into the Main Menu section.
- Then select the About option.
- In the about section, you can find the ecobee version.
Check if you have these firmware version numbers. If it isn’t, then your ecobee need to update.
Data derived from the manufacture website. Please visit this link to check any changes.
|ecobee SmartThermostat with Voice Control
How to update ecobee firmware?
As I mentioned earlier, ecobee will automatically update. You do not need to worry about anything. However, you can follow these steps to ensure that your ecobee device has the perfect environment ready to do its update.
- First of all, you need to check your ecobee version and compare it with the latest version. By doing this, you can understand if your ecobee is up to date or need any fix.
- If your ecobee version seems to be lower than the expected version, then there is a problem.
- The first thing that you need to investigate is your ecobee connection to the wifi. Check whether it is connected properly.
- Then, check your internet connection to your wifi router. To receive the update, ecobee need to have a working internet connection. If your internet connection is having problems, then it will cause your ecobee to stop its automatic update process.
- Finally, all you need to do is wait. If the update released a few days ago, then don’t worry. It will take some time to receive.
- However, even after considerable time, if you do not receive the update, then the most effective method is to call ecobee support. They will manually push the update or will try to fix your problem.