BritBox, a joint venture of BBC and ITV, has been there since November 2017 and has got 650,000 subscribers as yet. There is something mandatory about BritBox; It is the biggest collection of top-notch British Video content on any video streaming platform.
BritBox offers you thousands of multi-genre videos from all around the globe with the luxury of HD and Ultra HD modes. An original, premium video streaming service that is not so different from Amazon Prime Video or Netflix.
Multiple devices are compatible with BritBox including iPhone, Android phones, Smart TVs of Sony, Panasonic Samsung, LG, etc. It is also compatible with Chromecast, BT TV, and other long-trusted devices of Apple.
Recently Britbox has also added Channel 5 content to make itself even more attractive for Video content lovers.
Today, I am going to explain how you can download and install Britbox on your smart TV.
I will also share some vital points that you should remember to take better decisions in this regard. We will talk about how to go about it the right way. Stay tuned.
How do I download the Britbox app on my Samsung smart TV?
One of the most amazing things about having a Samsung smart TV is having uninterrupted access to all of its apps. From video streaming apps like Amazon Prime to music streaming services like Pandora, everything is super accessible.
The same is the case with the BritBox app.
Step 2: Next, enter the name Britbox and search for it.
Step 3: Now, when it appears, select it and click Install.
Step 4: Once done, click on the Sign-in tab. A code will be sent to you, put in that code. Remember, it doesn’t matter if you are already a subscriber or trying to access the BritBox as a new user, you should always click Sign In.
Step 5: From here, you can either start using your existing account or if you are a new subscriber, you can take a free trial.
- You are now on the registration page, you will have to enter your credentials like name, email, etc.
- Once you have provided all the required info, press the Register button.
- Now it’s time to add payment details and credit card credentials.
- Select the Start Free Trial option (in case you have not already subscribed).
- After that, click on Connect. Once the connection part is done, your TV screen will take a while and take you inside the world of BritBox.
How to Install BritBox on Apple TV?
Like any other app, the process of downloading and installing the BritBox app on your Apple TV is as simple as with any other Apple app.
Sure you will get an excellent watch experience and chances are bright that you are going to fall in love with it.
The following steps will guide you through the process of getting BritBox installed on your Apple TV:
- Get to the iTunes Store and search for the BritBox app.
- Now you can find the BritBox app.
- You can now easily download the app on your Apple TV.
- Now install the app, the whole process is automated and you don’t have to do anything manually.
Now open the app. If your Apple account and the BritBox ID share the same email address, you can click Continue. On the other hand, if you have different email addresses associated with your Apple Id and BritBox account, you should click Cancel.
Now type in the email address that is associated with your BritBox account and start enjoying watching.
Note: The above-mentioned steps can be used to access BritBox at your Apple TV, not through Apple TV.
BritBox subscriptions are also available through Apple TV channels and app. Also, there are some differences that you may want to consider:
- Gift subscriptions are nonredeemable and you’ll only be able to watch BritBox in the Apple TV app, and not at BritBox.com or in any other Britbox app.
- In case, Britbox doesn’t support any particular devices, you might have to face compatibility issues i.e. some core functionalities like offline viewing might work differently.
- All changes to your BritBox subscription will require to be made in your account on Apple’s platform and for all issue-resolves, you need to contact Apple’s customer support.
How do I get BritBox on my Sony Smart TV?
The following steps will help you get BritBox on your Sony TV:
- Go to the Home menu and open Google Play Store.
- Search and Find the BritBox app.
- Select the app and click install.
- After the installation is done, the app will open by itself.
- Now you have to enter your BritBox credentials and you can start enjoying your watch time.
If you are signing up to BritBox for the first time, I would encourage you to take 7 days free subscription on a trial basis.
This is important to understand if the subscription is worth your taste and the costs.
You will get a true picture of what you will be getting with this subscription. This will tell you if you need to invest further or not.
Remember #1: BritBox is not available on the following devices:
- Xbox One
- Amazon Fire TV devices
Remember #2: Benefits for EE customers:
For monthly customers of EE from the UK, there is a free BritBox subscription for up to six months.
Remember #3: BritBox UK is not exactly the same as BritBox US:
As BritBox is relatively new to the UK as compared to the US and Canada, You will experience a slight difference as its focus is on the British origin programming and the video selection pool is also smaller.
All in all, the programming is not the same as perceived with the original BritBox US Experience in mind.
Remember #4: BritBox subscriptions renew automatically without asking for your consent:
You need to be cautious of the automatic resubscriptions. If you have no plans to extend the subscription, you need to remember when the renewal time is coming.
BritBox is going to commission top-quality shows from the UK production companies exclusively for their subscribers.
Film4 and Channel 4 productions will also be a part of the BritBox family by the later part of 2020.
With the above-mentioned Subscription and Installation guides, and the warnings, you can expect a sound boost in your BritBox experience and a happy time watching your favorite videos.
This is going to be a completely different and pleasant experience switching to BritBox on your Smart TV. It deserves a chance at least.