Spectrum app is a great way to keep up with the latest news and entertainment.
It has 50,000 on demand shows and movies and over a dozen news channels including Fox and ABC News.
All that stuff is great, but the real question is “Does the Spectrum app work on LG Smart Tv?”
The answer is, No. But, don’t give up hope yet. There are actually a few alternatives to this problem.
Spectrum offers the online streaming service. Their streaming service can be accessed on LG Smart TV’s in many ways.
In this post, we’ve covered all the ways to stream Spectrum on a LG Smart TV, all Spectrum packages, and some FAQs related to the service.
- 3 Ways to Streamline Spectrum on LG TV
- 3 Spectrum Streamline Packages
- FAQs Related Spectrum and LG Smart TV
- Is it possible to launch multiple browsers at the same time in LG TV?
- How to connect my mobile phone to TV?
- Do I have to pay additional money for using Roku service?
- Does ChromeCast charge any additional fee, other than buying their device?
3 Ways to Streamline Spectrum on LG TV
1. Streamline Spectrum on LG TV using Roku
Roku is another popular platform that streams media content.
It has a Channel Store that allows the users to download and use other apps that normally aren’t available for LG’s webOS.
To streamline Spectrum through Roku take the following steps:
1. Turn on the internet option on your Roku device and connect it to your TV.
2. Go to the home section by pressing the home button on your remote and find plus open the Streaming channels section.
3. Type Spectrum TV app in the search box and press search.
4. Download and install the Spectrum TV app on Roku. When the app is installed, launch it.
5. Adjust your Spectrum TV app settings and start streaming.
2. Use Spectrum App on LG Smart TV using ChromeCast
Google ChromeCast is a device that allows you to stream Spectrum on LG Smart TV.
ChromeCast attaches the smartphone or computer to the TV. The channel that you’ll stream on your phone or computer will also be displayed on your TV.
To watch your favorite channel on your TV, follow the steps below.
1. Connect the Chromecast and your phone on the same WiFi network.
2. Attach the ChromeCast HDMI cable into the TV’s port.
3. Go to Google Home app on your phone and select the ChromeCast device.
4. A pop-up will appear on your phone. Select the Cast My Screen option and on the second pop-up select Start Now.
5. Your LG TV will start mirroring your phone screen.
6. Open the Spectrum app and enjoy.
3. Use XBox One to Streamline Spectrum on your LG Smart TV
While XBox one is famous for playing video games on a big screen, it’s not the only feature of this device.
It also allows the users to streamline content that normally isn’t available on their TV.
Among some of the streamline services is, you guessed it right, Spectrum.
To streamline spectrum through XBox One, follow the steps below.
1. Power on your XBox One and connect it to your TV.
2. Go to the App section and type Spectrum app in the search box.
3. Download the app.
4. Launch the app and type in your credentials to start streaming.
That’s it, these are all the ways you can use the streamline Spectrum app on your LG TV.
Now, let’s talk about all 3 Spectrum streamline packages.
3 Spectrum Streamline Packages
The names of the 3 packages are Spectrum TV Choice, Spectrum TV Stream, Spectrum TV Essentials.
All packages are explained in depth, below.
1. Spectrum TV Choice
This one is pretty awesome. It includes various major channels and you’re allowed to choose 10 of your favorite channels from legions of options.
Some of the channels that are already included are pretty famous, so adding 10 further channels of your preference should be enough to fulfill all your needs.
To make things even more attractive, you can get all these benefits for only $25.
2. Spectrum TV Stream
Spectrum TV Stream offers 25 prominent networks and over a dozen more. These channels cover almost all categories.
Animals, comedy, entertainment, and news are only a few.
The channels included in this package are AMC, NBC, CBS, Animal Planet, Discovery, Fox, and many more.
You can get your hands on this treasure for less than $25.
3. Spectrum TV Essentials
At $15, this package is incredibly cheap for the value it offers.
Get ready to get your mind blown for only $15.
Total number of channels included in this package are… wait for it… a whopping 50!
These channels cover various categories. Including lifestyle, health & fitness, cooking, kids, entertainment, and news.
FAQs Related Spectrum and LG Smart TV
Is it possible to launch multiple browsers at the same time in LG TV?
No it’s not possible to launch multiple browsers simultaneously.
You can only launch one browser at a time.
How to connect my mobile phone to TV?
First, make sure that your mobile phone and TV are both connected to the same WiFi.
Then, go to Settings and select the Share and Connect button.
Do I have to pay additional money for using Roku service?
The short answer is, Yes. Roku offers multiple packages so you can choose the one that best suits your needs.
The price of Roku starts at only $29.99.
Does ChromeCast charge any additional fee, other than buying their device?
No, it doesn’t. Using ChromeCast comes without any service charges.
Though, you’ll have to pay for any app you want to use. In this case, it’s Spectrum.
While the Spectrum app isn’t available for LG Smart TV, you don’t have to worry much about it.
Because by reading this post you’ve learned that there are many ways to streamline Spectrum on your TV.
While streaming spectrum on your TV may cost you some extra money, if you love TV it’ll be definitely worth it.
Also, you’ve learned about the features and cost of all 3 Spectrum packages, and that Roku costs more money.
With all this info, we hope you know everything that you need.
Still, if you’ve got any questions feel free to ask it in the comment section.