The Sonos speaker has brought massive changes to the audio sound system. The thing is that now you don’t have to move from your room to room or anywhere with a sound box and the annoying wire sets.
Now, your voice command is just enough to play anything. And, Sonos speaker is giving you this audio service wirelessly in a very perfect way. So, you can get the excellent music services that you wished for.
[checkout latest Sonos 5 high fidelity speakers]
However, sometimes, it happens that your Sonos speaker may not be working or responding to the S2 system app, Alexa, room, wall mount, etc. due to some reasons. It may be the Sonos products are not compatible with the speaker, maybe the existing system is outdated, or you may want to reset your Sonos speaker.
Well, in that case, all you need to do is remove your existing Sonos speaker from them. But, do you know how to remove the speakers? All right, don’t worry! This article is going to explain to you how you can remove your Sonos speaker from App S2, your account, Amazon Alexa, and your room.
So, just stick with the article! And, you will know the removal process of Sonos speakers better.
How to remove Sonos speakers from the system/App S2/account?
If you want to remove the Sonos speaker from the system or S2 controller App, you need to follow the detailed steps-
- First, you need to unplug the power cord from your wall outlet.
- Then, the next step you have to do is Factory reset your Sonos speaker. This factory resetting will remove your Sonos speaker from the S2 controller app.
- After that, set the speaker as a separate system.
- In this case, while doing this, you may lose your settings, music service accounts, favorites, playlists, etc. on your new system. Well, as long as these data remain a part of the same system, they must be revealed in the app controller.
- Now check the speaker that you are controlling before you are going to play music or anything. Here, to easily find out, go to Settings in the app and check their Confirm location.
Well, if you find out that your Sonos products are not compatible with your S2 controller app, then you have to remove the products from the system. To remove them, you need to use the products removal tool in your Sonos app.
So, if you want to remove the incompatible products from the system, just follow the given steps-
- To do this, first, you need to open your Sonos S1 Controller app for your mobile controller iOS or Android devices.
- Then, go to the Settings tab and from there tap on the System option.
- After that, you need to tap on the System Tools and then press on the Remove Products option.
- Now, you will find the on-screen steps. From there, you have to select the incompatible products and remove them from your system.
All right, if you find that the S2 incompatible products are missing, you can select and remove any of the products by factory resetting them. Well, before doing that, you should check if these products are compatible with S2 or not.
And, if you want to remove your Sonos speaker from your account, here are the detailed steps to follow to remove it-
- To remove it, first, you have to go to the Sonos music menu.
- After that, from the menu bar, you need to tap on the Settings option.
- Then, you have to select My Services under the Settings tab.
- Now, tap on the services that you want to remove from your Sonos system and then finally, select and tap on the Remove Account option.
- Here, notice that if there are multiple accounts that you have added to your Sonos system, carefully select the correct one before you remove that account.
How to remove Sonos speakers from Alexa?
When it comes to removing the Sonos speaker from Alexa, first, you have to notice whether your Sonos speaker is voice-command enabled or not.
If the speaker is voice-enabled, then you need to follow these several steps to remove it. The steps are as follows-
- First, open your Alexa app on your mobile controller iOS or Android devices.
- Now, go to the Menu bar and click on the more menu option just in the bottom right.
- From there you need to press the option Skills & Games. Now tap on Your Skills, after that tap Sonos, and then press Disable Skill.
- Now, you have to deregister the Sonos speaker from Amazon Alexa on Amazon’s website.
- After that, disable the Voice Control in your Sonos app.
- You need to head over to the Settings tab, there tap the option Services & Voice, and now select and tap Amazon Alexa under Voice.
- While doing this, you need to select the voice-enabled products from the Sonos Products list, and then tap the option Remove Alexa.
- After that, now sign out from all Amazon Apps on your mobile controller devices.
Well, if the Sonos speaker is voice-disabled, follow the detailed steps-
- Open your Alexa app on your mobile controller iOS or Android devices.
- Now, head over the More menu option in the bottom right and tap it.
- After that, tap on the option Skills & Games, then, select Your Skills and then select and tap on Sonos. Now, you need to tap on the Disable Skill.
- Finally, you have to deregister the Sonos speaker from your Amazon Alexa app on Amazon’s website. Here, you will find an instruction on deregistering a device. You just need to follow that instruction to complete the removal task.
How to remove the Sonos speaker from the room?
As you may know, Room is nothing but a label for your Sonos speaker. Well, however, if you want to remove a speaker from the room, follow these steps-
- Turn this speaker off on your wall to remove it.
- If you want to remove the speaker permanently, you need to factory reset your device.
Well, some Sonos speaker users also advise that there is no need to delete or remove a speaker. You just need to move your speaker. After that, under the Settings tab of your app, you can edit the Room name. To do so, you have to follow the given in-app instructions
- Head over-Settings > Room settings > edit the Room name > rename it with a new name.
Well, I personally recommend you if you have 2 identical speakers like Play:1, Play:3, and Play:5, creating a stereo pair will be an excellent idea rather than removing a speaker.
If you want to do so, here are the detailed steps to follow for an iOS or Android mobile controller device-
- Open your Sonos Controller app.
- Go to the Settings tab.
- Then, tap on Room Settings.
- There, you need to select two Sonos speakers that you want to pair.
- After that, press Create Stereo Pair. And, then the Sonos app will show you the next steps.
For Computer device
- First, you need to select Manage and then the Settings tab.
- Then, head over to the Menu bar just at the top of your screen and select the labeled option Room Settings now, select and tap on the speakers that you want to pair.
- After that, tap on the Create Stereo Pair option.
- Finally, you will see the app instructions on your screen; follow that to complete the steps.
For your Mac controller device
- You need to open the Sonos app and select Sonos
- Now head over to the Preferences option.
- After that, select and tap on Room Settings under Preferences.
- Then, scroll down and go to the Menu option at the top of your screen. Here, you will see a labeled option Room Settings. Now, you need to select the speakers to pair.
- Finally, tap on the Create Stereo Pair option. Now, there will appear app instructions on the screen that you need to follow to complete the speaker’s pairing task.
All right, if you want to remove your surrounded Sonos speakers from the home theatre, follow the given steps-
- First, open your Sonos controller app for your mobile controller iOS or Android devices.
- Now, head over to the Settings tab and tap on the System option.
- After that, go to Products under System, and there, tap on the options home theater room. Here, your surrounding Sonos speakers are located.
- Now, you need to select and tap on the Remove Surrounds tab.
- Now, you will see an in-app instruction that will prompt you to remove the surround speakers from the home theater room.
Here, one thing you have to remember is that if you use these speakers as separate rooms then all of the speakers will go back to their previous names.
However, if you didn’t use them previously, they will be marked as Unused. And, you can rename the speakers in your Sonos system.
To rename the speakers, you have to go to the Rooms tab and tap on the speakers that you want to rename.
How to remove Sonos speakers from the wall mount?
Well, if you want to remove Sonos speakers from the wall mount, you need to follow several steps-
- First, you have to pull up your Sonos speakers in a vertical position. So, you can move it easily.
- Now you will find that the mount is being screwed on your wall and also there is a rail just at the backside to your Sonos play bar. Besides, you will see there is a release pin that is located in the middle of the rail.
- After that, you need to pull the play bar at ½-inch as high as you can. Now, you have to pull the speaker towards you by putting upward pressure on your Sonos speaker. So, you can remove the speaker from the play bar rail.
- And, finally, your speaker will be removed from the wall mount.
Expecting the best audio service from a Sonos speaker is an obvious thing as it comes with the strongest Speakers-line-up services. However, if you want to get the best output from it, sometimes, it is necessary to remove the speakers from your system, your Sonos account, Alexa, Room, etc.
Therefore, in this article, I have come up with a guideline on how you can remove your Sonos speakers from them more conveniently with an easy process.
Hopefully, after reading the article, you will clearly understand the speaker’s removal process. So, while you are going to remove it, you can do it without facing any problems.