If you want to add and play the same music with great sound quality in one room, adding multiple speakers is one of the most convenient ways.
Yet, when it comes to having these multiple speakers in your room, I can assure you that Sonos speakers will be the best option for you.
Surprisingly, Sonos lets you link together so many speakers at the same time. Therefore, streaming the same music for your party in your room is possible at once. And by doing so, you can easily enhance the sound quality of your room.
However, for this, you need to add more Sonos speakers in one room. So, do you know how to add multiple Sonos speakers and play them? Well, I’m here to let you know in this article how you can link multiple speakers together in one room.
So, to know more, scroll down and keep reading the article!
How many Sonos speakers can you link together in one room?
All right, basically, I think there’s no explicit limit on adding multiple speakers but, you can link 32 Sonos multiple speakers together at a time.
And, linking Sonos multiple speakers together usually depends on some facts such as your speaker’s setup location, installation of Sonos app and its settings, and finally, the devices you want to connect.
Yet, here, one of the most significant things you should note is that the maximum number per sector is 2 Sonos speakers that need to be the same. All in all, you have to create a stereo pair combining two same Sonos speakers in one room.
So, for the 32 controller devices per system, you need to create 16 stereo pairs of Sonos speakers and after that, you should group them with a couple of rooms together. Moreover, grouping the speakers to play music would be the best bet for you in a single room.
Thus, you can easily control your 32 Sonos speakers and also can optimize the quality of the sound in one room.
How do I add Sonos speakers to the same room?
Well, if you want to get a standard Sonos audio configuration and if the speaker’s models are the same, you need to create a stereo pair to add Sonos speakers to the same room. Yet, if the speaker’s models are different, you have to group them.
So, if you want to create a stereo pair for your same Sonos speaker’s models, here are the several steps you need to follow-
- First of all, you have to open the Sonos controller app for the iOS and Android mobile controller devices.
- Head over to the Settings tab and click on just in the bottom right side of the app. Here, you will see the System option, tap on it.
- From the System tab, tap on Products and choose the room with one of the speakers that you want to use in creating a stereo pair.
- Now, you need to tap on Create Stereo Pair.
- And, finally, you will see an in-app instruction that needs to be followed to complete the pairing of the same Sonos speakers.
Well, in case if you need to group the Sonos different model speakers to get non-standard Sonos audio configurations, just follow the several steps-
For your iOS or Android controller devices
- Open your Sonos controller app and go to the System tab.
- Here, under the System tab, click on the Group that is next to your selected room.
- Now, you need to tap on the rooms that you’d like to add to the group.
- After that, finally, you have to press the button Done. Here, you can also press on Everywhere if you want to group all of the rooms.
For your macOS or Windows controller devices
- First, you need to open the app on your macOS or Windows controller devices.
- Now, head over to the System tab and tap on the group button that is next to your selected room.
- Then, choose the rooms and tap them which you would like to add to the group, and after that click on the Done option. Here, you can also choose and tap on All-Party Mode if you want to group all of the rooms.
How do I play two Sonos speakers at once?
So, if you want to play two Sonos speakers at once, you need to notice one thing, whether these 2 Sonos speakers are paired or not. Well, if they are not paired or grouped, follow the above-mentioned steps and paired or grouped them.
However, if the speakers are paired before your Sonos app launches, these speakers would be discovered as a group in your Sonos controller app. Well, if so, follow the given detailed steps to play your Sonos speakers.
- First, you need to click on the room name. Here, if you want to sync your Sonos speakers, just press on the Group button that is next to your speaker’s name.
- Now, under the Group Rooms, you can choose your speakers. You can choose them one by one or select them all at once.
- Now you need to mark out a checkmark to each of your Sonos speakers that you would like to add to your group. After that, click on the Done option.
- Then, the speakers you have marked will be recognized as grouped. Here, if you want to add more than two speakers or all the speakers, you just need to press on the option Select All to add them to the same group.
Now, finally, the audio sound would be sent to your selected paired speakers and also will be played with perfect sync.
Well, to check whether the speakers in the group work or not, you need to play a song and notice that if you can hear the played music.
Why has a room disappeared from the Sonos app?
All right, if you are experiencing that your room (speakers) keep disappearing from the Sonos app, most probably, this happens due to WiFi interference.
Well, if so, I think that maybe your Sonos speakers units are receiving a lot of network traffic from their own IP addresses. Thus, these IP addresses would like to conflict with your home network.
And also, due to this network conflicts issue, your Sonos speakers units are not rebooting and cause your room to disappear.
However, if you are facing this issue, you should reboot your Wi-Fi router and also each Sonos unit. So, you can update these units network information.
Besides, you also need to ensure by checking the networked controller devices that none of the routers and also the Sonos unit has static IP addresses. Therefore, it will prevent your Wi-Fi router interference and thus also prevents the room from disappearing from Sonos.
Setting up the Sonos multiple speakers in one room ensures you have increased sound quality.
However, if you don’t know how many Sonos speakers you can put together on one setup and also how you can connect them in one room, then this article is for you.
Here, I’ve tried to explain the above-mentioned issues and also have provided other relevant information that you should know.
So, don’t waste your valuable time! Read the article consciously and connect multiple Sonos speakers in your room!