Samsung Smart TV has its application called Smart Hub. Use Smart Hub to search for the most popular application on the Samsung Smart TV and download it on your TV. You can also access photos, videos, and music files saved on the external storage devices using the Smart Hub application.
- How to download apps on Samsung smart TV 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019, 2020?
- How to download apps on Samsung smart TV 2012?
- How do I download apps to my old Samsung Smart TV?
- How to install 3rd party apps on Samsung smart tv?
- Why are some apps not available on the Samsung Smart TV?
How to download apps on Samsung smart TV 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019, 2020?
Downloading apps on the Samsung Smart TV has been made simple by the Smart Hub application. The application allows you to search your favorite App on the web and download it on your TV.
Smart Hub comes in the pre-installed form on your Samsung Smart TV. If it is not available on your TV, then you can download the application file and get the service activated on your TV.
Follow these guides to install the Smart Hub on your Samsung Smart TV to enjoy the social experience and watch your favorite TV shows on online streaming sites.
1) Turn your Samsung Smart TV On.
2) Connect your TV to the home internet connection.
3) Press the Home button on your TV remote control.
4) Go to the Apps. Once the Apps section is open, you will see various categories. Choose your exciting apps to download.
5) Click install to begin the download process. The App will be installed on your home screen.
6) Once the download is complete, go to the home screen, where you will find the newly added App. Click the App to open it.
7) You may have to log in to the App. Suppose you do not have the account on the App, signup to create a new account. Follow the instruction given on the screen.
How to download apps on Samsung smart TV 2012?
Downloading the App on the Samsung Smart TV is easy. Follow this video tutorial to learn more about the Samsung Smart TV 2012 App download procedure.
In this tutorial, the Smart Hub application will download the new App on your Smart TV. How to video would help you gain knowledge about the Smart Hub device.
How do I download apps to my old Samsung Smart TV?
You can search your required App in the Apps search box to find the App. If the App is not available in the Apps section, then your Old Samsung Smart TV doesn’t support the application.
Another solution is to download the App from the web source and use your USB drive to move the App from pc to Smart TV.
When your booth the USB drive, you will see the stored apk file on the USB storage drive. Run the apk file and initiate the download process.
Before you begin the installation process, ensure that you have grant permission to the third-party App in the security setting to allow “Unknown Source.”
When you give permission, the Smart TV will allow the third-party App to get installed without any restriction.
Once the App is installed, you will see the app icon on your home screen. Check if the app function correctly.
Remember that the Old Samsung Smart TV may or may not support the latest apps. The OS of the Samsung Smart TV is not compatible with the newly developed application.
You may encounter a problem in your App, which may not work correctly. Crashing is the most common error people experience when running the latest App on the old Samsung Smart TV.
How to install 3rd party apps on Samsung smart tv?
You cannot download the third party app without making changes to the settings. You need to enable the third-party application from Unknown sources. This will allow the App to download instantly on your TV.
Follow this guide to download and run the third party application on your Samsung Smart TV.
1) Turn on your Samsung Smart TV.
2) Go to the home screen and navigate to the Settings Menu.
3) Next, select the personal tab and go to the security option.
4) New window will open where you will find the settings for Unknown sources. Now toggle the switch next to it to active the unknown source option.
5) Once you enable the setting, you can download the apps on your smartphone tv.
Note that you cannot install the apps from the play store. You would require an Apk file to download and install on the Samsung Smart TV.
Download the apk file on the PC and move the App using the USB drive. When you try to install the apk file, it will prompt you to take permission before installing the third-party Apk file.
Click accept to move forward to the installation process.
What is the Third-party application?
Downloading the third-party App feature is not set in the default setting. It would require you to change the default setting to allow the third-party application to download on your Smart TV.
People have the misconception that third-party apps are not safe. When you heard it the first time, you might think it might be connected to the illegal application type.
Or some may think the third party application might be harmful to the Smart TV as they may bring the malware or virus in the TV software.
On the contrary, third-party apps are safe and are not considered illegal apps. If it would have illegal, no OS has supported to download the third-party App on any device.
Android enables the users to install a third-party application on the smartphone device.
Individual developers develop third-party applications. These developers release their free and paid versions on the open-source platforms.
The app developer from the development manages everything to the future upgrade. These apps are fantastic and perform very well on your device.
The apps are designed to solve a specific problem or entertain you.
You can download the App from an authentic source and install it on your device for free. You can also get the paid application downloaded from the online source.
You may have to pay monthly subscription fees to the development company for using the App.
Why are some apps not available on the Samsung Smart TV?
The Samsung Smart TV doesn’t have an extensive library of App which you generally find in the Android TV.
However, the Samsung Smart TV developer has added a famous application in the Apps section. You can search the App and get it downloaded on your TV.
Samsung Smart TV does not run on common Operating Systems such as Android TV. Samsung smart TV software is a separate entity designed to give users a seamless experience.
Samsung has ensured that you get a full entertainment package on your smart tv. You will find the most popular apps like Netflix, YouTube, Xfinity, Amazon, and HBO max on your Samsung Smart TV.
These apps are easy to access and stored in the separate app section called “Apps.”
When you access the “Apps” section on your TV, you will access all the listed apps in one folder.
These apps are available for free, and you can install them instantly by clicking the install button available on the right-hand side corner.
If for some reason you face difficulty accessing the apps on your Smart Tv, you can follow below step by step guide to fix the problem.
1) Use the Cold Boot method to rectify the problem and allow the system to fix it by downloading the patch from the web source. The application will update all the files automatically.
2) The operating system of the Samsung Smart TV is regularly updated, and a new version of the software is released to the user.
Check for the latest update and initiate the auto-update, and the software will get updated in few minutes. Always update the application to the newest version to avoid any software problem.
3) There might be a problem with the downloaded version of the App. In this case, you should remove the App and install it again.
If there is a bug in the application, it will get removed, and the new versions of the App will work smoothly on your Smart TV.
4) Unknown bugs may cause problems with the Smart Hub application. This may create a problem for all the apps installed on your Smart TV.
Or Some case, your smart TV setting is conflicting the Smart Hub settings, which cause the problem with the installed App. Resetting the Smart Hub would resolve the issue.
Samsung Smart TV version 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019, 2020 is compatible with downloading the TV’s apps.
You can use the Apps section to find the App or use the Smart Hub application to see the latest App on your Smart TV.
The above-given procedure to install the App on the TV would help you download and access your favorite App. Enjoy your entertainment time on your Samsung Smart TV.