Facing problems regarding iPhone and android hotspot connection to Amazon Firestick? This article is going to touch each and every aspect of this matter and give you many solutions about all possible problems of hotspot connection with Firestick
Among many convenient features of Firestick is its flexibility of use with hotspot, but there are some problems with establishing connection sometimes and they prove to be such pain in the ass.
Does Amazon Fire Stick work with mobile hotspot?
Yes it does! Nevertheless, it depends on the quality of data connection you get from your service provider.
The least you need is to have 4 MB/S speed that means minimum of 32 mbps of bandwidth to allow an easy buffering.
2ndly, your data-use limit should be at least 7 GB / day.
Why? Because watching full HD content is so much data consuming that watching even a single video will consume up to 5-6 GB easily within a 2 minutes video. Non HD videos will also take nearly 2-3 GB data. So it’s better to cater for a normal use.
Still, it can’t work when the speed is further below 4 MB/s but with a serious lag. So it’s advisable that you buy data from a good service provider and yes, a healthy Wi-Fi package on the top of that.
Amazon Firestick Frequent Connection Loss
We are seeing that many people are complaining about the Amazon Firestick having issues with hotspot connectivity in 2020.
You will agree with me that once hotspot connection is established, it is more frustrating when it’s lost again.
One good way to prevent this frequent losing of connection is to have Wi-Fi booster but we are concerned with hotspot here
Of course, such issues mostly arise from the poor bandwidth coming from hotspot connection. So it’s imperative that you always double check that everything is super right from the mobile side.
And, both of your devices are running on the updated software.
Internet connection is one of the most common problems in case of outdated software.
Nevertheless, the last recourse could still be a factory reset to correct issues with hotspot connectivity.
How to Connect Amazon Fire Stick to Mobile Hotspot?
It’s amazingly easy to connect Amazon Firestick to internet except some challenges while connecting it to mobile hotspot.
Either for one reason or another, its complex.
The simple text-book procedure to connect Amazon Firestick to mobile hotspot is simple:
- Head to Settings > Network.
- Select “Wireless Hotspot (e.g. John’s Phone)”
- Enter the password.
- Select “Connect”
However, I have brought the perfect solution that will let you get rid of any possible problems coming with hotspot connectivity.
Using this way you can save a lot of time and connect Amazon Firestick to your mobile hotspot straight away.
You know one of the most taxing problems with hotspot is recurring reconnecting. There is a thing called Connectify Hotspot, it has solved the problem of reconnecting again and again.
All you have to do is once connect your Firestick to the Connectify Hotspot (manual setup for the first time) and then, for every later use, just open your mobile and turn the Connectify Hotspot option ON.
Your Firestick device will automatically detect it and connect to it as the last connection details are already saved in it.
Fire stick won’t connect to hotspot: Quick Fixes
If you’ve attempted to hook up your Firestick to the iPhone hotspot but receive an error message that is reading “Connected” but still making problems with connection. Here’s what you should do to resolve this.
iPhone hotspot & Firestick are connected but problems persisting
Restart both the devices.
It’s important to double check that both the devices are updated.
For iPhone OS updates, head to Settings > General > Software Update.
For android OS updates: Settings > Advanced System update> Update.
Firestick’s update can be checked at Settings > My Fire TV > About.
Now head to the Firestick:
- Forget all networks on your Amazon Firestick.
- Go to Settings > Network
- Select the Forget the Connection option.
- Connect your Firestick device to iPhone hotspot.
- Now, go to ‘Advanced Settings’ > Select the IP address “172.20.10.4.”
- Gateway input should be “172.20.10.1.” Prefix Length = 28.
- Keep the DNS-1 on 18.104.22.168, Put nothing in DNS-2
- Now Connect. It should be working.
Amazon Firestick Connection Error
As discussed earlier, it doesn’t matter if you are using a hotspot or a regular Wi-Fi connection, Amazon Firestick can have connectivity issues.
Sometimes there are trivial reasons like Firestick being away from the Wi-Fi range, the device could be out of order, signals could be weak etc.
To solve such matters, start with turning off both the devices: Firestick and the Internet Router.
As you may already know, this is a general practice of rebooting the Wi-Fi router and it often works i.e. keep the router off for 1-2 minutes and then connect again.
If your issue is not resolved yet, here is the way out.
Now it’s time to check things further.
- Make sure that your Firestick device is not housed in a closed box like a little container where it’s hard for signal to reach.
- It is advisable that you use only the cables and connectors that are recommended by the company or that came with the package.
- Double check your Wi-Fi password. Sometimes, Wi-Fi causes problems because of wrong passwords while still not notifying about the reason.
Some people mistakenly put-in their Firestick password here, so beware.
- Now, there is another free-range solution for you that often works for me. This time, unplug the Firestick from the TV while it is still powered ON. Yes, do it!! Now turn both the TV and the Firestick back ON.
- Next, it’s time to change the internet settings going into some depth.
- To do this, go to: Settings > My Fire TV > About > Network.
- Move to the Network > Forget your connection.
- Connect to the Hotspot > Enter the password
- Now enter the “Advanced Settings”.
- Now feed in your Firestick’s IP address.