Sonos Beam is an excellent soundbar that is specially designed for complementing your television. It comes with not only a compact design but also an incredible sound audio profile. With the help of this compact soundbar, you can get almost all types of audio services.
This Sonos beam provides a well-balanced sound so you can enjoy a wide variety of entertainment with much excitement. Besides, it also enhances the sound quality while you are watching your television and also streaming movies and music.
Thus, you will experience an exceptional audio service if you connect this Sonos beam to your television. Well, here comes the question, if you want to do so, do you know how you can connect it to TV.
All right, in this article, I will explain to you the process of how you can connect the Sonos beam soundbar to your television. And, hopefully, this article will guide you in the right way to set up the Sonos beam appropriately.
Can Sonos beam connect to the TV wirelessly?
Yes, of course, you can connect the Sonos beam to the TV wirelessly. If you want to connect your beam to your TV wirelessly, you have to use an HDMI-ARC input.
However, if your television doesn’t have this HDMI-ARC, in that case, you will require the HDMI cable or an optical audio adapter. So, you can wirelessly connect the beam to your television.
Well, to set up the Sonos beam to your television, here are the detailed steps you need to follow-
- Place and set up your Sonos beam soundbar at your desired location.
- First, you have to place and set up the Sonos beam in a bare space. Besides, you also need to center the soundbar with the TV.
- Here, you also need to place the connector panel towards the television.
- Connect the cable to your TV.
- Ensure that you have disconnected all existing sound equipment from your television.
- After that, you need to directly connect the external devices to your TV.
- Now, plug the power cord firmly and completely into your Sonos Beam sound bar’s AC-power port and also ensure that it is completely connected.
- Then, plug in the HDMI cable into Sonos Beam’s HDMI port.
- Finally, you need to connect this HDMI cable to your television using the sound bar’s HDMI ARC port.
- Connect the Sonos beam to the Sonos app.
- First, you need to open your Sonos app.
- Then, select and tap on the option Set up a new Sonos system.
- Log in to your Sonos account and select and tap on the Continue button for the rest setup process.
- Now, press Standard set up and tap on the Next button.
- All these steps will let the Sonos beam turn on. To ensure that, tap on Next.
- Now, you will see a green flashing light. Once you see this, tap on Continue.
- After that, your Sonos controller app will look for the beam and then will configure it.
- Then, you need to select and tap on Next to proceed with your beam’s network setup process.
- Now, your mobile controller devices will be connected to the Sonos network and finally, your Sonos beam is connected to the home network.
- Disable your television’s default speaker and ensure that your Sonos beam works.
- First, go to television settings. And then, tap on the Sound setting option.
- Now, press Sound output. Here, you will see a TV speaker by default.
- Then, you need to choose the speaker that you want to use.
- When you have selected the speaker, now tap on the Close option.
- After that, to ensure whether the Sonos beam works, you need to tap on the selected speaker that you want to play music with.
- To browse what to play, select a source on the right side of your screen.
- After that, tap on Play now.
How do I connect the Sonos beam to HDMI ARC?
When it comes to connecting Sonos beam to your television, there you will require an HDMI ARC port. However, you can connect the Sonos beam soundbar to HDMI ARC by following the several steps-
- First, you need to place and set up your Sonos beam at your desired but appropriate location. So, it can be centered well with your TV.
- Then, you need to directly connect any type of external device like a cable box or a DVD player to your television.
- After that, all you have to do is insert the cable for connection. Here, first, you need to insert the power cord resolutely into the Sonos beam’s AC-power port. Besides, notice whether it is fully inserted and has a connection.
- Now, you need to connect an HDMI cable completely to the HDMI ARC port on the Sonos beam. While doing so, ensure that the HDMI cable is aligned to your HDMI ARC port. After that connect this cable to the HDMI ARC port of your television.
- Here, one thing you need to remember is that if the HDMI cable is not connected to the HDMI ARC port but only to the regular HDMI port, you will not receive any audio service.
How to connect the Sonos beam soundbar to TV without HDMI ARC?
Well, I have already mentioned that if your television doesn’t have an HDMI ARC port, you won’t get any audio. But, don’t be panicked! There are ways to connect your Sonos beam to a TV without connecting the HDMI ARC port.
So, if your TV doesn’t have this, you will need an adapter. Well, here are the detailed steps-
- Set up your Sonos beam in an appropriate position.
- Disconnect your TV’s existing sound equipment and connect the external devices.
- Plugin the power cord completely into the AC-power port of the Sonos Beam.
- Now, insert the optical audio adapter into the optical audio port of your television that comes with your Sonos beam. You also need to plug it into an HDMI cable that will then plug into your Sonos Beam.
How to connect the Sonos beam to the Apple TV?
As you may know, your Sonos beam can’t be connected directly to your Apple TV. However, you can connect this to the Apple TV by using HDMI.
All right, here, I have provided you the step-by-step process to connect and set up the Sonos beam to your Apple TV.
- First of all, you have to plug in the Apple TV to your TV by using HDMI.
- After that, enable the HDMI-CEC so the devices can work better and also plug the Sonos Beam firmly into your TV via the HDMI-ARC port.
- However, if your Apple TV doesn’t have the HDMI-ARC port, go for an optical audio adapter and use it to plug in on your Sonos beam.
How to connect the Sonos beam to the Samsung TV?
If you want to connect your Sonos beam soundbar to the Samsung TV, follow the several detailed steps-
- Place and set up the Sonos beam near to your Samsung TV and plug your Sonos beam through the HDMI-ARC port.
- This HDMI-ARC port will automatically pair your Samsung TV remote to your Sonos Beam.
- If the HDMI-ARC port is not available in your TV model, use an optical audio adaptor that is also included with your Sonos beam.
- You need to plug in this adapter to the optical port on your Samsung TV so you connect the Sonos beam. Here, one thing you have to remember is that, while using this audio adapter, your voice command for the Amazon Alexa TV doesn’t work.
How to connect the Sonos beam to the LG TV?
If you want to connect your Sonos beam to your LG television, here I have come up with some step-by-step instructions. So, you can easily set up the Sonos beam to your LG TV.
- First, you need to download the Sonos controller app for your tablet, phone, or computer controller devices.
- Then, place and set up your Sonos beam at your desired location. Try setting it up close to your television.
- Now, you need to use an HDMI cable to connect your Sonos beam as well as your LG TV. To do so, you have to plug this cable into the HDMI ARC port of your Sonos beam and also the LG TV.
- Here, if your LG TV model doesn’t have this HDMI ARC port, you need to use an adapter and connect it to your TV’s digital audio out port.
- After that, open the Sonos app on your controller devices. Now, you will see in-app instructions. Follow that instruction to pair your Sonos beam and your LG TV.
Well, I’m here to wrap up this article in the hope that perhaps I’ve been able to explain to you how you will connect the Sonos Beam to your TV.
I also tried to explain the steps to connect and set up Sonos Beam to the Apple TV, Samsung TV, and LG TV in a simple way. Besides, all other information is fairly covered as well.
All right, hopefully, now, you don’t have to face any issue while connecting Sonos Beam to your TV.