Raise your hand if your EUFY has suddenly started to move in circles.
If your hand is raised, the problem you’re facing is triggered by one of the following culprits:
- The bumper is stuck.
- The wheels are malfunctioning.
- The cliff sensors are dirty.
- There’s a software issue.
No matter which culprit is making your EUFY move in circles, we have an easy fix for each problem. We will discuss the solutions at length in this post.
So without any further ado, let’s get straight to it.
1. Let’s Fix the Stuck Bumper in Eufy
The most common reason why EUFY devices start moving in circles is that their bumper gets stuck.
Bumpers get stuck for many reasons, among which the most common one is that there’s a collection of debris in the bumper which makes it jammed or dislodged.
Another reason the bumper gets stuck is that the bumper sensor is dirty, causing the robot vacuum to have trouble navigating proper directions.
No matter the cause, you can easily get the bumper unstuck by taking the following three steps.
1. Tap the Bumpers Gently
Tap the bumper of your EUFY device several times to dislodge any debris that may be trapped underneath the bumper. Once the debris falls off, press CLEAN to restart.
This simple step is often all you need to do to clear any trapped debris inside the bumper and have your robot vacuum up and running as it should.
2. Reinstall the Bumper
Did you know the bumper of your EUFY device can become dislodged from the robot vacuum? If your device has this problem, you need to reinstall it back into place.
To do that, simply locate the area where the bumper is dislodged and remove the screws. Then, lift the bottom section of the bumper and align it into the allotted slots carefully.
3. Clean the Bumper Sensors
If the first two steps don’t get your bumper unstuck, then you may need to clean the bumper sensors from within. To clean the bumper sensors, take the following steps:
- Turn off your device and place it on its back.
- Dislodge the debris in the bumper sensor by briskly tapping it 15 to 20 times, alternating between the left and right sides of the bumper.
- Use compressed air into the gap between the bumper and the main body of your device. Start in the center, and then angle the air outwards to the side.
- To finish cleaning, remove the battery and direct compressed air into the openings of the battery.
2. Let’s Fix the Malfunctioning Wheels in Eufy
The second most common reason why EUFY devices start moving in circles is that one or both of their wheels are jammed due to a collection of debris stuck in them.
When a wheel gets jammed, it starts to act as a pivot foot for the EUFY device, making it move in circles.
To ensure your device’s wheels aren’t malfunctioning, you only need to take this one simple step.
1. Clean the Wheels
You can clean both wheels by pushing them up and down several times to remove any loose debris that may be trapped inside them. Once you’ve removed all the debris, gently turn both wheels by hand to check that they are spinning freely and that each wheel shows the same amount of resistance.
3. Let’s Fix the Dirty Cliff Sensors in Eufy
Another reason why your EUFY device is doing the circle dance is that its cliff sensors are dirty. When the cliff sensors are dirty, the device has trouble recognizing stairs and edges because the cliff sensors are obstructed.
That being said, dirt isn’t the only reason why your device’s cliff sensors can become obstructed. Sometimes, EUFY devices have trouble running on black or dark surfaces.
Since the cliff sensors are designed to recognize stairs and edges, they often don’t see dark colors as a cliff and therefore don’t clean over it. As a result, the device backs away and cleans the same area repeatedly in circles.
So if your device is moving in circles on a dark floor, put it someplace else to see if it starts working normally.
If it doesn’t work right on any surface, then take this simple step.
1. Clean the Cliff Sensors
To make sure the cliff sensors are as clean as they can be, wipe them with a pad of clean, lightly dampened melamine foam. If that doesn’t do the trick, try a more efficient pad like the magic eraser.
4. Let’s Fix the Software Issues in Eufy
Although software issues are rare, there have been some complaints from time to time.
When the software of your EUFY device isn’t working as it should, your device may start doing all kinds of strange things, including but not limited to the following:
- Turning on and off by itself
- Changing the settings by itself
- Bumping into furniture
- Getting stuck in empty spaces
- Constantly moving in circles
If you suspect there’s a problem with the software of your device, you have three options:
- Reinstall the software: This is the first step we recommend. Simply delete the existing software on your device and reinstall it from the app store.
- Wait for an update: If the problem began right after a software update, then there’s unfortunately nothing you can do about it right now. You will have to wait for the next update. We know it sounds all bad, but there’s a silver lining: the developers of EUFY release updates quite frequently. So you can expect the next update to come out soon.
- Get help from customer support: You can also contact Anker Innovations’ (creators of EUFY) customer support for help. They will guide you to fix your software issue.
The solutions shared in this post fix the issue of EUFY devices going in circles 99% of the time. So please try out all of them as one of them is highly likely to solve your problem.
Is Your EUFY Still Going in Circles?
After trying all the solutions shared in this post, if your EUFY still keeps moving in circles, then there’s nothing you can do about it at home.
Your only remaining option is to contact the developers and ask them for help.