When apps are queued on firestick, meaning you cannot open the app until you download them. Sometimes you put too many apps on download and get stuck. Lack of storage and poor internet connection can also trigger this issue.
What does it mean when it says queued on firestick?
Sometimes when you try downloading apps on your firestick, you face a problem. Instead of downloading- your apps are stuck in a queue. You cannot access any app until you completely download and install it.
But it can be frustrating if you find them not downloading; they are in queue for a long time. It is either because- you do not have enough space on your device or your internet connection is slow. When you put too many apps on download, you might face the same.
When you see this problem, the first thing you might do is reboot your firestick. But it will not necessarily solve your problem if it lies somewhere else.
You should check your internet connection- if it is just fine and other apps are running okay, the problem solely lies with your device storage. You have a lack of it and, you should try deleting unnecessary apps from the device. If you have too many apps on download, remove them and download them one by one.
How do I clear the queue on my FireStick?
When your FireStick apps are queued for a long time because either you have a poor internet connection or you do not have enough storage on your device; but, do not worry. I have some solutions for you.
First, check your internet connection and device storage. If your internet connection is slow, your app will be in a queue for a longer time. You have to delete unnecessary apps from FireStick if it has less storage.
After checking your internet and clearing up your device storage, if you still find this issue, follow these steps to fix this annoying issue:
Disconnect and Reconnect Your FireStick & Router
There is a possibility that your FireStick is not receiving enough signal from your router. In that case, you should disconnect both the devices from their power source and reconnect them again. Do it in the following way:
- Firstly, disconnect your FireStick and router power cable from the power source and wait for a few minutes until both the devices cool down.
- Now reconnect the power cables with the power source and wait again- for a few minutes until all the connections become stable.
- Finally, run your FireStick and see whether your apps are still in queue.
If you see the apps are still in a queue, you have to take other measures.
Delete Appstore Cache and Data
You have to delete Appstore cache and its data from your FireStick. These are the steps you have to follow to do so:
- Go to Fire TV Home and click on Settings icon.
- Then go to Application and navigate down and select Manage Installed Application.
- Now select Appstore from your installed apps list.
- Next, Force stop the Appstore application.
- Then hit Clear Cache and Data from Appstore app.
- Finally, restart your FireStick.
After rebooting FireStick, you will see your download section is empty. You will have to start downloading again. Do not forget to do it one by one this time.
Reset Factory Settings
Resetting your FireStick to factory settings will bring all the settings to their default mode. It will make your FireStick a new out-of-the-box device again. But it can solve your queued problem. To do it, follow these steps:
- Firstly, go to FireStick Home and hit Settings Button.
- Then select My Fire TV option from the popup window.
- Navigate down to Reset to Factory Settings and click on it.
- Confirm your selection.
Your FireStick device will reboot and, all the settings will go on default mode. Remember, you will lose all downloads and custom settings after resetting it to Factory Mode.
Update FireStick Software
If none of the options above solve your queued problem, you will have to update your FireStick software. According to Amazon, there is a possibility of solving this issue after updating your FireStick. To update FireStick, follow these steps:
- Go to FireStick Home and hit the Settings icon.
- Select Device & Software from the popup window.
- Then navigate and click on About button.
- Now select Update from the options.
- Next, tap on Check for Updates button.
- Finally, install the latest FireStick Firmware on your device.
After you install the updates, your FireStick will reboot. Check if your issue is solved. If you still face the same problem, it is time for you to contact Amazon customer support. They might be able to solve this problem for you.
Why are my downloads getting queued?
You have to download an app on firestick if you want to use it. But sometimes- when you download an app, it becomes stalled and does not download. There are several issues responsible for it. I will discuss them here.
If you want to use an app but cannot do so, it means you have to download the app from the cloud. You can only use that app when you download and install it on your device. So, if an app says queued, it means you must download it first.
After you put your desired app in download, it should be downloaded and installed without any issue. But, there can be three things triggering this issue.
One, you have a poor internet connection. If your internet is slow and unstable, your apps will not download. They will stay in a queue. So, you need a stable internet connection. Check your Wi-Fi router and its speed.
Another reason might be your device storage. If your firestick device has a shortage of storage, new apps will not download. Instead, they will sit in a queue. In that case, you have to delete unnecessary apps from your device and clear up spaces.
Last but not least, check if you have too many apps on your download list. If so, you should remove all of them and download them one by one. Too many apps downloading at once can put all of them in a queue. So, you must avoid downloading multiple apps together.
How do I download queued apps on firestick?
No worries if you fail to download apps on your firestick because it’s sending all downloads in a queue. Because there is an alternative way to download those apps. You can install them from Amazon website. Here’s how you will do it:
- First, cancel all downloads that are- queued on your device.
- After that, restart your firestick.
- Now go to Amazon website and log in to your account.
- Then search the app you want to install on your firestick.
- Now, select your firestick from the right side and click on Deliver button to install it on your device.
My article should be well enough to solve the queued problem of your firestick. If you still face it, you should contact Amazon customer care. Only they can help you now.