What is Eufy cam?
Eufy cam is an outdoor security system. Outdoor security system means these cameras are placed outside the house to monitor and record what’s going on, so in case a burglar tries to take a tour of the house, they can be caught.
There are plenty of good features of Eufy cameras and we’re going to explain them below so you can get a good idea of what exactly we’re talking about. But, did you think that is all we’re going to do?
Well, that’s wrong so we’re not going to do just that. We’re not talking about the features, of course we’re going to tell you that. We’re talking about all we’re going to tell you. Well, we said we want to tell you exactly what we’re talking about here, this involves telling
you the cons as well.
So, let’s start, shall we? First, let’s talk about the pros and then we’re going to talk about the cons.
There are 5 main features of the Eufy camera.
1. Sharp 1080p video: Why is this feature important? Because imagine capturing a video of a burglar attempting to steal your belongings and
you’re not able to see the burglar’s face or capture any solid information because the quality of the camera was basically 3rd class.
That would suck, wouldn’t it? Therefore, with the Eufy camera you don’t have to worry about such things.
2. Face recognition: The camera is pretty good at capturing facial features. Meaning if the burglar face gets caught on the camera, then even if they are far away, they will get caught. But, there is one more benefit to this feature.
You can set the Eufy camera to not produce any false alarm, by setting your face and the people you trust as trustworthy faces. This way,
If the cam suspects that any suspicious activity is going on it won’t produce a false alarm if it detects your face or the people you trust.
This will save you from hearing a loud noise or some embarrassment.
3. Long battery life: The Eufy has an incredibly long battery life. So if you’ve got to go on a vacation, you don’t have to worry whether the cam will run out of battery.automatically
4: Alexa voice commands: You can use Alexa to give commands to Eufy cam, pretty sweet isn’t it?
5: Local and cloud storage: The videos are automatically backed up at the cloud storage. Of course, you can turn this feature on/off if you want.
1. Expensive: The system is quite expensive. Why don’t you take a guess how expensive it is? Are you thinking it’s extremely expensive? Or are you thinking it’s pretty expensive? The answer is not extremely expensive, but it is pretty expensive. You can get it for $399.
2. Requires hub: The Eufy camera system does not work without the hub. Therefore, if you don’t own the hub, then it’s pretty worthless.
3. Don’t support any other voice command: You might be thinking, why are we talking about no voice commands. Didn’t you just say that it supports voice commands in the feature section? Yes, we did. But, here is the thing. It does not support any other voice command than Alexa.
4. Motion recordings are a bit slow: While the Eufy cam is an awesome camera based security system, it doesn’t mean it’s one of the best in the market. The motion sensor is a bit slow, therefore recording plenty of times starts a little late (usually, it’s not too late).
You’ve read the pros and cons of the Eufy cam security system. We hope you’ve found a proper understanding of these cameras so let’s move forward.
Does the Eufy camera have alarms?
This is a good question. Because if a burglar tries to enter your home and you are not home or sleeping, you wouldn’t know that the attempt of theft is going on.
Therefore, having an alarm feature is important in any security system. When the alarm runs off, you’ll get alert, even if you’re on vacation, and even your neighbourhood will probably get alert. If that’s not enough, even the authorities will get an alert.
Most likely, the burglar will just run away if an alarm goes off. Good, so now you understand the importance of an alarm system. Now, the question is, does the Eufy camera have one? The answer is a big astounding YES.
How to turn off the Eufy camera alarm?
Now that you understand the importance of the alarm, let’s talk about the disadvantages of the alarm. When the alarm goes off, it doesn’t turn off by itself. Even if the burglar has gone aways, if you don’t turn off the alarm (or don’t know how to) the alarm will keep ringing.
It’ll disturb everyone who is around. Therefore, it’s good to know how to turn off the Eufy camera alarm.
The process for turning off the alarm is very simple. Below, we’ve explained all the steps.
Step 1: Open your phone and go to the Eufy app.
Step 2: Look at the corner of the screen. Not the top corner, the bottom one. Over there you’ll find 4 options. Events | Explore | Security
Step 3: Do you know which option to tap on. Well, here is a hint. It starts with S, so go ahead and take a guess. You’re right! It’s security.
Step 4: In this section, you’ll see an option called Alarm Settings. Tap on it.
Step 5: There will be an option called On/Off. Turn it off.
We hope you’ve found this post helpful. If you did, make sure to share it on social media so others can benefit as well.