You cannot install a VPN directly on your LGTV. Thus, you cannot just install a VPN app, as is the case with windows, iOS, Android, and Mac devices.
There are two main ways how you can use nordVPN with LG TV.
First, you install the nordVPN on the router. However, you need to be warned that not all routers support VPN. For instance, if you are using an ISP modem, setting up the VPN on the router is impossible.
However, if you are using DD-router, you are good to go.
Let’s now look at how to use NordVPN with LG TV;
- Look at the back of your router to find the router’s IP address. Type in your router’s IP address on the router’s admin page to log in.
- After logging in, move to the admin section
- On the admin section, select ‘firmware upgrade.’
- Now, choose the DD-write file you want to be uploaded to your router
- Wait for the router to complete the updates
After the update is done, you have successfully set the LG TV ready to install the nordVPN.
Thus, you can head over and download nordVPN on their page. Once the download and installation process is done, you can now safely stream whichever content you want. It is that simple.
How to use ExpressVPN with LG TV?
LG TV users who use ExpressVPN have a good story to tell. This VPN is as fast as lightning, resulting in few or even no buffering. Thus, even when live streaming, it feels like watching any other show due to fewer or no delays.
Keeping that aside it has a wide coverage and unlock almost every platform.
There are several ways to set up an expressVPN with LG tv. However, we discuss the simplest setup that even the non-techies do.
- First, you need to create an account on the expressVPN website. Log in to your account and open the dashboard if you have already.
- On the displayed list, select the router option and click Download Firmware
- Take an Ethernet cable and connect the router to the LG tv
- If your router is configured, you move to step 6. If not, start the configuring process by selecting manual Configuration.
- Wait for a few seconds for the internet connection to be established before clicking on the login
- After clicking login, you are directed to a new page. On the sign-in screen, type Admin and click the sign-in button.
- After signing in, click on Connectivity, and you are asked to select a file. Select ExpressVPN firmware and start the installation process.
- A pop-up is sent to you that the firmware is not recognized and force the router to reboot. Click yes
- With that done, you have successfully installed the ExpressVpn. Select Ok and wait for a few seconds for the router to reboot.
- After the reboot process is over, you are directed to this page. Click on get started and enter your ISP username and password. If you do not have the ISP name, click on ‘MY ISP has no login.’
- Copy the activation code on the dashboard and paste it onto the account code input.
- Configure the Wi-Fi details such as username and password and click continue
- You are almost done. Set up the admin password and click done. That is it.
How to use surfshark with LG TV?
Surfshark VPN is not only the cheapest available VPN but it has the simplest setup process.
To use this VPN, you must set up the DNS as follows;
log in or create a surfshak account
In your account, click on the DNS feature. On the DNS feature, click activate
After clicking activate, an email will be sent to the email you used to create the account. Follow the instructions on the email to set up your LG T^V with the surfshark VPN.
How does a VPN protect your IP address and privacy?
- Your browsing history
Assume that you have a health condition and want to browse the available treatment options. This information is assessed and available to online practitioners, and no sooner than later, you start receiving ads related to your search.
Besides, assume that you want to search for a tutorial on your schoolwork for this one time. Soon, you start realizing that such videos on the suggested list relate to your schoolwork.
If you do not want that, a VPN is what you need. It isolates your browsing activity; hence it not be manipulated by a third party.
- Ip address
Every device has a unique IP address. If third parties access it, they easily get all the data you entered when accessing an online resource, including a password to your Netflix account or any other streaming platform.
However, if you use a VPN, it encrypt all your activities, keeping your search activity and your data, which includes your password.
Probably you have heard about computer viruses that corrupt the software—as a result, stopping the normal functionality of the device.
LG smart use software that gives instructions on what to be done when you send a command using your remote. If this software is exposed to malware, you have trouble using your device.
Hence, using a VPN help to protect your LG smart TV.
In addition to websites, several streaming platforms have location restrictions. That is, they cannot be assessed in particular countries or continents. In other words, if you live in those countries, you can’t watch the restricted content.
However, a VPN allows you to select the IP address of your home country. As a result, you change the address to a different country to watch restricted content in your country.
In short, a VPN allows you to do your thing secretly without any restrictions.
When to use VPN?
We’ve already looked at what the VPN does, which have given you a glimpse of when you require it. However, if you love concise and clear details, we got you.
- When watching content whose source is restricted in your country
- When accessing sites that require sensitive information such as bank passwords
- If you don’t like your internet provider adding ads on the matter, you are browsing
- If you want to prevent your LG TV or any other device from malware
- Lastly, you should have a VPN when accessing a public network