Most of the tv shows are not freely available after they are aired. Fortunately, modern television inventions such as Samsung smart tv series 7 and 8 have the recording feature. Consequently, you can record your favorite shows for future reference.
This guide will discuss how to record on Samsung smart tv series 7 and 8 on inbuilt storage devices and external devices such as USB sticks. Roll up your sleeves, and let’s learn something new.
Can I record on Samsung smart TV series 7 and 8?
Yes! You can record on Samsung smart TV series 7 and 8. However, you must check if the cable TV signal is encoded. The recording is not supported in
How to record on Samsung smart TV series 7?
Recording on Samsung smart tv series 7 is pretty easy. Besides, their user manual is quite detailed thus easy to follow. However, if you misplaced your guide, you can check it here. Follow the following steps to record;
- Identify the tools button and press it
- On the Tools, screen select the recording tab by pressing either the up or bottom button
- After selecting and highlighting the recording, Press enter to access its functionality
- Next, you need to select the recording device from the listed devices by pressing the up and down navigating buttons
- Press enter to select the highlighted recording device
- Press Exit button
- After pressing Exit, the device lists are removed, and you are taken back to the tools screen
- To record the source streams, highlight or select Record on the tools list by pressing either the up or down navigating buttons
- After selecting Record, look for a button with a dot sign “.” and press it to start the recording of the streams
How to record on Samsung smart TV series 8?
Similarly, you can record your favorite shows on Samsung smart TV series 8 to watch them later. However, you should first check to ensure that the antenna jacks are properly connected before recording using an external device. For more information on that, you can refer to the Samsung smart TV series eight user manual. Below is how to record a TV program using a Samsung recorder;
- Press the Tools button
- Select Anynet by pressing the up and down navigating buttons
- Press Enter after highlighting Anynett
- A list of all the available recording devices will pop up on the screen. Press the up and down navigating buttons to select your preferred recording device
- After selecting the recording device, press Enter
- Now press Exit to get back to the tools screen.
- To start recording the current stream, press the button with a dot “.” Sign
Caution; you should ensure that the antennae jacks are well connected and you are already watching the stream that you need to be recorded. If not, change the television show and then start the Record.
Can I record from my Samsung smart TV to a USB stick?
Newer Samsung models have inbuilt storage. However, they tend to have a small capacity. Fortunately, Samsung smart TV has ports to insert external storage devices such as USB sticks to store your recording.
However, if the recording is quite lengthy, you must ensure that the external storage device has sufficient storage space. Usually, we recommend using a device with a storage space of 8 GB or beyond. Below is a guide to help you record on a USB stick using Samsung smart TV;
- Plug-in USB through the USB port. Likely, the port is located at the back part of the TV
- Check if it is well connected by;
- On your remote, press the source button
- Using the navigating buttons, select the USB device and press enter
- If you can access the stored data on the USB, then your connection is well done. If not, remove the USB and connect it again
- Press the Tolls button on your remote
- Press up or down navigating buttons to highlight the recording
- After highlighting the recording, Press Enter on your remote
- Choose USB as your recording device and press Enter
- Press Exit to get back to the TOOLS list
- Using the navigating buttons, select Record and press Enter
- On your remote controls, click on the button that has “.” To start recording
The flowing video explains the recording process step by step. If you are a more visual guy, use this as a guide.
How to schedule a recording on Samsung Smart TV
Further, these Samsung television models have a scheduling functionality where you can preset a recording. When it is time to start recording, a notification will pop up on your screen to remind you. Below is how to schedule a recording on a Samsung smart TV;
- Press the Home or Tools button
- Still using your remote, select Live TV
- Use the up and bottom navigating button to choose the Schedule manager
- While on the schedule manager screen, select Add Recording
- Scroll up or down to select the channel you want to record from
- After selecting the channel, you need to choose the start and the stop time. To do that, go to the settings page and add the schedule
- That is all that you need to do to schedule the recording. When the selected program is about to start, you will receive a notification at the top right-hand part of the screen. You don’t have to do anything, just relax, and the recording will start and stop automatically.
Some of the Samsung smart tv series have inbuilt storage and recording functionality. Consequently, you can easily record a live series and access it later. However, in most cases, these inbuilt storage spaces have limited space. Thus you may need an external device to record.
We have already discussed in the simplest manner how to set a record on both Samsung smart series 7 and 8. However, as a reminder, you must always ensure that the cable is not encoded before you start recording.
Moreover, you must ensure that the antennae jacks are well-locked and connected when using an external device. To guarantee that you can first try accessing the data on your external device, as discussed above.