The Google Nest Hub is a smart display that combines a speaker, a screen, and a built-in Google Assistant. It can be used to control smart home devices, play music, set alarms, answer questions, and much more.
How it works?
The Nest Hub uses a variety of sensors and technologies to work. These include:
- Microphones: The Nest Hub has a set of microphones that are used to pick up your voice. This allows you to control the device using voice commands.
- Speakers: The Nest Hub has a set of speakers that are used to play music, podcasts, and other audio content.
- Screen: The Nest Hub has a screen that can be used to display information, such as the weather, news headlines, and photos from your Google Photos library.
- Google Assistant: The Nest Hub is powered by Google Assistant, which is a virtual assistant that can be used to control smart home devices, get information, and answer questions.
How to setup google nest hub?
Setting up a Google Nest Hub is very straightforward. If you have all the required tools you can use this video for connection purposes.
Alternatively, since you must install Google Home App, you will find a complete step-by-step guide for setting up the Nest Hub. Below are the things you need to setup your Google Nest Hub;
- A Google Nest Hub
- Google Home app.
- Google app.
- Google account
- An Android phone Android version 6.0 or later, can work with 2.4 GHz and 5GHz Wi-Fi network, can connect to Bluetooth. Or, an iPhones or an iPad version 14.0 or later.
- And, Internet connection
Once you have all the requirements you can then go ahead and set the Hub using the following process.
Step 1: Plug in your speaker
You should plug in the speaker or display direct if it’s new. However, if the speaker or display was used before you should first factory reset the devices.
Step 2: Open your Google Home app
Open the Google Home app from your phone. Tap the Add icon, set up device, Add new device. You can then follow the steps given by the app.
Your device might not have the setup device button. This should not worry you. If this is the case, tap get started, then set up new devices, create a new home, and enter your home nickname and address. You can however skip the address part.
Step 3: Set up your other devices
Tap the add icon on the top left of you screen, set up device, New device and follow the remaining steps.
Some of the settings like voice match are not that important. You can there for opt out of them. After you have finished setting up your device, you can change these settings to fit your needs.