Depending on the type of LG TV, the USB port and ports may be used for various purposes. For example, LG Smart TV USB ports can take a mouse or keyboard, but previous models can only be used to scan the TV for faults and maintenance codes. To find out what your LG TV’s USB ports are for, you will have to consult the handbook that came with it.
For each television model, the ports significantly impact its functions and capabilities. The USB kinds on LG models typically impact the TV’s ability to connect external devices and be used for purposes more than simply watching.
Steps To Play Video From USB
Now let’s check the easy steps of playing video from USB on your LG TV.
- Make A List Of The USB Capabilities
Locate the USB ports on your LG TV with the help of the TV’s handbook. If you’ve misplaced your owner’s manual, you can usually find the model number on the product and download it from there. If that fails, contact the place of purchase and ask for a new handbook.
Each USB port has a distinct purpose, which you may learn about in the instructions. There is just one USB port on older models, which can only be used for internal storage. To identify and fix issues with the set, you must use the port.
LG TV memory sticks, flash drives, and other external outputs will not operate with previous models.
- Models of Smart TVs
Your TV might include one or even more USB ports if it was manufactured after 2009. Check the documentation to find out what each port may be used for. Connecting an external keyboard or mouse, a device like Amazon’s Fire Stick or an external drive to view images and videos is possible.
In addition to streaming video, you may connect your smartphone or other external devices, such as a gaming console, via the HDMI port. USB discs and other external devices may be connected to your TV through USB ports.
- Labelling of Ports
For future reference, you should identify the USB ports that can be used to connect specific devices after determining which ports are capable. As a result, you’ll be able to connect and stream video from your LG TV effortlessly. It’s also a good idea to have a spare USB cable for your most often used gadgets on your TV so you can quickly connect to them.
What Video Format Do LG TVs Read On USB?
For those looking for a smaller, lower-resolution TV, LG provides a wide range of options, including their OLEDs, which are among the most expensive displays on the market.
The first letter of its model number; its year of release is indicated by the second letter. Generally, the more significant the amount, the more expensive it is—incredible visual and audio experiences with the C9 or C8 OLED Smart TV.
Watching movies on a large screen TV at home is a great way to relax. Close all the doors and windows, turn down the volume and sink onto a plush couch. When you need to use the restroom, the most vital point is how you can take a break.
Video files from USB devices can be played back on LG TVs. However, the supported video formats are limited. This is true of OLED TVs, HDR TVs, and 4K UHD TVs.
|.mp4 .m4v .mov||Video||H.264/AVC, MPEG-4, HEVC|
|.asf .wmv||Video||VC-1 Advanced Profile (WMVA excluded), VC-1 Simple and Main Profiles|
|3gp .3g2||Video||H.264/AVC, MPEG-4|
|mkv||Video||MPEG-2, MPEG-4, H.264/AVC, VP8, VP9, HEVC|
|.divx .avi||Video||DivX3.11, DivX4, DivX5, DivX6, XViD(except 3 warp-point GMC), H.264/AVC, Motion Jpeg, MPEG-4|
|.ts .trp .tp .mts||Video||H.264/AVC, MPEG-2, HEVC|
|mpg .mpeg .dat||Video||MPEG-1, MPEG-2|
How To Enable Usb Port On Lg Tv?
Modern TVs can take a more excellent range of inputs than in their history. DVD players, digital cameras, and USB storage devices may all streaming content to your television.
An LG LCD ranking some investigation and a basic understanding of the remote control to activate the correct input source.
- The tv’s USB port may be used to attach a USB storage device.
- The quick menus may be accessed by pressing the “Q.Menu” button on the remote control.
- The “Enter” button may enter the “USB Device” option.
Why Does My LG TV Not Play All The Movies From USB?
When your LG television doesn’t recognise your USB drive, several possible causes and remedies exist.
You can’t connect a USB device to your LG TV because your model does not support it. If your LG TV does not have a USB port, the discussion is pointless.
USB storage is too massive for your needs. When the USB drive size exceeds the maximum capacity of your LG TV, it will not be able to be used on the TV.
The TV’s USB port needs repair. When in doubt, you may contact the manufacturer.
The TV’s firmware is out of date. You may fix it by updating the LG TV’s firmware.
To connect your USB drive, you need a USB extension cord. The Flash drive should be plugged directly into the USB port of the LG TV.
What’s The Problem With My LG TV’s Logo Screen?
At first, you may not understand why your LG TV is stuck on the logo screen. Everyone enjoys watching TV, but consider how frustrating it can be if the set malfunctions.
Despite the rise of smartphone addiction, life without television isn’t all that great.
- The firmware update may have malfunctioned if your LG TV is stuck just on the login screen. Most often, the LG TV is stuck in a demo account with no remote because of this. If you don’t upgrade the firmware correctly, you’ll have to deal with LG TV frozen on the logo screen. Other explanations are also conceivable.
- In addition to problems with the mainboard, LG TVs that get stuck on the logo screen might have problems with other hardware or software components.
- Let’s get down to the nitty-gritty of how to repair an LG TV frozen on the logo screen. If your LG TV is frozen on the logo screen, try one of the following fixes.
- Is the “MENU” screen accessible to you? This possible explanation for the LG TV’s logo screen is becoming stuck. The reset option should be checked in settings when you can see it.
- Don’t switch off the TV if it’s on. Simple: disconnect the device and then re-plug and move it for 30-60 seconds. Reconnect your LG TV and check whether the issue has been resolved.
- If your LG TV is still displaying the LG logo, try a hard reset on it. This should fix the issue. Unplugging it from the switching device is all you need to do. Afterwards, press and hold the button for around ten seconds. You may now switch on the television. Move on to the following method if this doesn’t solve the problem of a stuck logo.
- Firmware might be the root of the problem, but you may not be aware of this fact. Your TV’s firmware might malfunction if it is not loaded correctly. As a result, you will see the LG symbol or an entirely blank screen.
- Hand over the issue to a professional if you’ve exhausted all of your options! Because of their expertise, they will be able to solve the problem swiftly. Contact your local LG support centre, and they’ll send someone out right away to take care of the issue. This is the best option available in terms of the LG TV frozen on logo screen repair.
When your LG TV doesn’t recognise USB, you won’t be pleased. If this occurs to you, be sure that the USB that users connect to your LG TV in the beginning, can support it. Then, depending on the circumstances, you may pick one or more of the options above.