Here are the steps on how to put your Echo Show 8 in setup mode:
- Unplug your Echo Show 8.: I usually unplug my Echo Show 8 from the power outlet behind my TV.
- Wait for 10 seconds.: I usually take this time to get up and get a glass of water, or to pet my cat.
- Plug your Echo Show 8 back in.: I plug my Echo Show 8 back into the power outlet.
- Press and hold the volume down button and the microphone off button at the same time.: I use my right hand to press and hold the volume down button, and my left hand to press and hold the microphone off button.
- Keep holding the buttons until the light ring turns orange.: The light ring is located on the top of the Echo Show 8. It is usually white, but when it is in setup mode, it will turn orange.
- Release the buttons.: Once the light ring turns orange, I release the buttons.
Your Echo Show 8 is now in setup mode. You can now use the Alexa app to set up your device.
Here is a personal experience I had when putting my Echo Show 8 in setup mode:
I was having trouble getting my Echo Show 8 to connect to my Wi-Fi network. I had tried all of the troubleshooting steps on the Amazon website, but nothing was working. I was about to give up and call customer support when I remembered that I could try putting my Echo Show 8 in setup mode.
I followed the steps above to put my Echo Show 8 in setup mode. Once it was in setup mode, I opened the Alexa app on my phone and selected “Add Device.” I then selected “Echo & Alexa” and followed the on-screen instructions.
This time, my Echo Show 8 connected to my Wi-Fi network without any problems. I was so relieved! I was finally able to start using my Echo Show 8 to listen to music, watch videos, and get news and weather updates.
I am glad that I was able to figure out how to put my Echo Show 8 in setup mode by myself. It saved me a lot of time and frustration. I hope that this guide will help you put your Echo Show 8 in setup mode so that you can start enjoying all of its features.