What can be more rewarding than sitting on your couch and listening to a song or watching a movie with your family using a home theater? It is far better than going to a cinema. But even more incredibly rewarding is setting up your home theater piece by piece.
If you have an LG TV and a Yamaha receiver and wonder how to connect them, you will know the necessary steps and tools here. Using your Smart LG TV and Yamaha receiver, you will take your movie experience to the next level.
As intriguing as it sounds, connecting them is that intimidating. If you do not pay attention, you will get lost in ports and cables in no time. But don’t fret. I will tell you a step-by-step process of connecting them. So, without wasting much time, let’s get started.
I will show you two ways to connect your LG TV to the Yamaha receiver. But before that, let’s see things you should check before connecting them:
- First, check whether your LG TV has an HDMI port. All smart TVs now come with more than one HDMI port. I’m sure your LG TV has one or two too.
- You must use the latest version of the HDMI port. It should be at least version 1.4 or higher.
- You have to activate the HDMI ARC control of your Yamaha receiver. To do it, you have to go to the settings and turn on the HDMI CEC option.
- Check your optical cable and port on your TV. Make sure you have a high-quality optical cable. Gold plated ones are one of the best in quality.
Note that you do not need both cables at once. You can choose one of them to connect your LG TV and Yamaha receiver. Now we can proceed to the step-by-step process.
How Do I Connect LG TV to Yamaha Receiver Using an HDMI Cable?
The best way to connect LG TV and Yamaha receiver is with an HDMI cable. Let’s dive into the step by step process:
Step-1: Firstly, get a high-quality HDMI cable. Use the latest version to get a better result out of it.
Step- 2: Now, you have to plug one side of the HDMI cable in your TV’s ARC1 or HDMI1 port.
Step- 3: Then, connect the other end of this HDMI cable to the output of your Yamaha receiver.
Step- 4: After that, it is time to connect all your speakers to your Yamaha receiver and complete your entire sound setup.
Step- 5: Plug in your LG TV’s power cord to a power source and turn it on.
Step- 6: Now, go to Settings from your LG TV Home page. You have to turn off your LG TV’s internal speaker and turn on the external one.
Step- 7: Select External Speakers from the Sound Settings. The audio signal will now be transmitted to your external speakers through the Yamaha receiver.
Step- 8: You will know your LF TV and Yamaha receiver are connected when you see a signal on your TV screen.
Finally, your LG TV and Yamaha receiver are connected. Now you can enjoy the best quality audio at your home.
You will see some pros and cons of using an HDMI cable to connect your LG TV and Yamaha receiver. Please have a look at them.
- HDMI cable is pretty easy to set up.
- HDMI connection reduces the number of cables connecting TV and receiver because it can transmit audio and video.
- It can transmit all the latest audio and video formats like 4k, 8k, 3D videos, Dolby Atmos, etc.
- Some older LG TV and receiver versions might not have an HDMI port.
How Do I Connect a Media Source?
You can connect a media source to your LG TV through a Yamaha receiver. It is not something you must need. You can use it as an added feature. Let’s see how you can set it with your receiver:
- Firstly, get another good-quality HDMI cable and plug it in the output port of the media source.
- Then, connect the other end to the input port of your receiver. You will have audio on your Yamaha receiver, and the video signal will go to your LG TV.
Your LG TV, Yamaha, and the media source are not successfully connected.
How Do I Solve LG TV HDMI ARC Sound Error?
HDMI ARC is undoubtedly the best technology to transmit very high-quality audio to your home theater or AV receiver. But sometimes, you might face an Error Audio issue on your LG TV. There is a simple way to solve this error. Follow the steps below:
- In the beginning, ensure you have correctly connected your LG TV and Yamaha receiver.
- Then, take your remote control and press on Home button.
- You will see the Settings option on the menu bar; click on it.
- Now, navigate the Sound Menu and press Enter when you find Sound Settings.
- You will see an option called ARC mode. It comes turned off by default. You will have to toggle it right or left to turn it on.
- After that, go to your TV speaker option and turn it off. You do not need your internal TV speaker anymore as you are using external speakers for audio output.
- Now, take your cursor on the close button and press enter.
- Then, you will also have to enable ARC mode for your audio devices. Check the user manual for turning it on. You will find step-by-step instructions there.
- Finally, choose your audio device’s Dolby Atmos or PCM audio input format.
- Now, you can adjust your audio using your external audio device’s remote control.
After performing these tasks, I’m sure you won’t have HDMI ARC No Sound error in your LG TV.
How Do I Connect LG TV to Yamaha Receiver Using an Optical Cable?
Another way to connect your LG TV and Yamaha receiver are with an optical cable. If you do not have an HDMI cable or it is not working, you can use an optical cable. Let’s see the process of connecting it:
Step- 1: At first, take a high-quality optical cable. A cheaper one will drastically reduce your audio quality.
Step- 2: Now, you have to plug in one end of that optical cable to the optical input port of your Yamaha receiver.
Step- 3: Then take the other end and plug it in your LG TV’s output optical port.
Step- 4: Make sure both ends are adjusted firmly. Besides, pressure from any side should not bend the cable in any situation. Optical cable turns your audio into light and transmits it straight to your receiver. So, make sure the cable stays straight.
Step- 5: Now, you have to connect any external speakers to your Yamaha receiver that you want in your system.
Finally, your LG TV and Yamaha receiver are connected with an optical cable.
Like HDMI, the optical cable also has its pros and cons. I will discuss them here.
- Optical cable connection uses only one cable and one port to connect your TV and receiver and provides excellent audio quality.
- This cable is pretty safe and will keep you away from any electric harm as it transmits light, not electricity.
- As light is fast, this optical cable is pretty fast too.
- You cannot connect any media source with your receiver and TV because optical cable can’t transmit video signals. They only transmit audio signals.
- You will need another connection for your video from the media source to your LG TV.
- It will increase the number of cables for your TV and receiver.
After reading my article, I hope you will find connecting your LG TV to the Yamaha receiver pretty easy. I suggest using an HDMI cable as it is superior to the other one.