Removing the child lock from your LG TV is a crucial step if you want unrestricted access to all the content available. This feature is designed to block specific programs that may not be suitable for children, but when it’s just the adults watching, you might want to disable it. While the process may seem straightforward, it involves a series of steps that require careful attention to your TV’s settings.
Here’s a quick how-to guide for taking off the child lock:
- Press the Menu Button: On your LG TV remote, press the ‘Menu’ or ‘Q.Menu’ button to access the settings.
- Navigate to Options: Scroll through the menu to find ‘Options’ and select it.
- Select Child Lock: Look for the ‘Child Lock’ option in the list and select it.
- Enter the Code: Input the 4-digit code you initially set for activating the child lock.
- Confirm Removal: After entering the code, confirm to remove the child lock.
By following these steps, you’ll successfully remove the child lock from your LG TV, granting you full access to all channels and apps. Whether you’re a tech-savvy individual or a beginner, this guide aims to provide you with a comprehensive yet straightforward roadmap for optimizing your LG TV settings.
How do I take the child lock off my LG TV?
Your LG Smart TV has an intelligent microchip called V-chip. It enables your TV to block specific programs that are not proper for your kids. However, you can remove the lock when you do not need it anymore. You will need your Smart TV remote and the 4 digit code you entered while activating the lock.
The easiest way to take child lock off your LG TV is by using the remote. It is a pretty simple process. Nonetheless, I will show you step by step process on how to take the child lock off your LG TV.
1. Go to Menu
First, take your LG remote and press the Menu button. Some new remote has a Q.Menu button which is also the Menu button. Now select Options from the pop-up lists.
2. Select Child Lock
You will see an option called Child Lock from the newly appeared list. Some TVs have a ‘V-chip’ option instead and represent the same thing. Click on the Child Lock/ V-chip option.
3. Remove Child Lock
Now, you will find the Remove Child Lock option. Please select it and press Enter.
4. Enter the Code
Now it’s time for you to enter the 4 digit code you used while activating child lock in the first place. If you forgot the code, the only way is to reset your TV to remove the child lock. You will find related instructions on your LG TV user manual.
5. Exit the Menu
After entering your 4-digit code, it’s time to exit the Menu. Press Exit on your remote or Menu button to exit from the setting option.
You have successfully taken the child lock off from your LG TV.
How to Take Child Lock Off if I Forget the Code?
People use child locks to restrict their kids from specific programs and TV shows. You have to set a 4 digit code while activating the lock. You will need this code when you want to deactivate the code. But what will you do if you forget the code?
Well, you have two options to deactivate child lock if you forget your code. I will show both options, and you can decide which one is suitable for you. Both the options are easy, though.
Reset Your LG TV
You can deactivate the child lock by resetting your LG TV if you forget the 4 digit code. It will remove all previous settings from your television. The steps are as below:
- First of all, take your remote and press on Home button. Then navigate to the Menu and click on it.
- Now, look for Settings from the options and select it.
- You will find an option called General; click on it. A new page will pop up- select Reset from the options. By clicking on the Reset button, you will initiate the process.
- A confirmation process will pop up. Select the Confirm button from the screen.
- Finally, you have to enter your LG TV’s password to start resetting. Generally, the code is either 0000 or 1234. You can check it from the LG website using your TV model number.
After resetting, all the previous settings from your TV have been removed, including the child lock pin.
Reset Lock PIN Code
Another way to deactivate the child lock after forgetting the 4 digit pin is resetting the pin itself. You do not have to reset your entire TV settings. Resetting your TV will remove all previous settings which might not be convenient for you.
Follow the steps below to reset your LG TV pin:
- Firstly, take your remote control and press the Menu button—select Settings from pop-up options.
- Now, scroll down Settings options and select Advance Settings. You will find an option called Safety on the new page. Click on it.
- Then go to the Reset Password option. You do not have to click on it. Just highlight the option with your cursor and press the Channel Up button twice from your remote.
- Consecutively, you will have to press the Channel down button and the Channel Up button once more. It will initiate a secret code to help users when they forget passwords.
- After that, you will find a pop-up dialogue box; enter 0313 or 0325 there.
- Finally, enter 0000 in the newly appeared safety dialogue box.
The process has been completed. Now you can enter a new code on the screen that has appeared before you. You can deactivate the child lock from the settings using the new code.
How do you unlock child lock on LG TV without remote?
Many people use child safety locks on their LG TV when necessary; many remove the lock after serving its purposes. You can easily remove it from the settings using your remote control. You will have to click some button on your remote and insert the PIN.
But unlocking the child lock on your LG TV without a remote can be challenging. However, there are some solutions you might want to try. I will tell you all the solutions there are. Try and see if they work for your TV. Remember, these are not immediate solutions.
Here are the alternative solutions to unlock child lock on LG TV without a remote:
Reset the TV
You can reset and remove the child lock in some television without a remote. There is a trick for it. Check if it works for your LG TV. Find the power button on your TV and hold it for 5 seconds. Your TV will automatically start resetting itself. Please wait until it completes.
If you still have the child lock on, unplug your TV from the power source and remove its battery from its back panel. Wait for a couple of hours and reconnect your TV.
Read Your TV’s User Manual
Bring out your TV’s user manual if the previous trick doesn’t work. Search for the Lock and Privacy sections. See if there is any actionable information available. If so, follow them to unlock the child lock without a remote.
You might have to buy a new remote if none of these works. You can buy any universal remote from the shelf.
Why child lock is important?
Now, most of the TVs provide child locks. It is an essential factor for many parents. Many TV programs and TV shows on TVs might not be appropriate for a child. By activating child lock, parents can restrict those shows and programs for their kids.
It helps parents reduce the risk of encountering unwanted and inappropriate content for their children. Using child lock is an extra step for parents to protect their child’s digital wellbeing.
Does child lock ON as default in LG TV?
No, child lock does not come as default in LG TV. You will have to set child lock from the Settings option on your TV.
Ton set the child lock; you can go to the Child Lock option from the Settings Menu and activate it. You will have to set a PIN for activating it. With a child lock on, your children will not encounter any show or program they are not supposed to see.
After reading this article, I hope all your confusion regarding taking child lock off your LG TV has been cleared.