I have an Echo Show at home, and I’ve had it for a few years now. It’s a great device, but I’ve had some problems with it in the past. One of the most common problems is that it will show up as offline in the Alexa app, even though it’s connected to Wi-Fi.
I’ve tried a bunch of different things to fix this problem, and I’ve finally figured out what works for me. Here are a few tips:
- Restart your Echo Show.: This is the simplest thing you can try, and it often fixes the problem.
- Restart your modem and router.: This can sometimes fix problems with your Wi-Fi connection.
- Move your Echo Show closer to your router.: If your Echo Show is too far away from your router, it might not be able to get a strong enough Wi-Fi signal.
- Check for updates to the Alexa app.: Make sure you’re using the latest version of the Alexa app.
- Reset your Echo Show to factory settings.: If you’ve tried all of the above and your Echo Show is still offline, you can try resetting it to factory settings. This will erase all of your data, so be sure to back up anything important before you do it.
If you’ve tried all of these things and your Echo Show is still offline, you may need to contact Amazon customer support for help.