Hotstar is an online application that allows you to watch TV shows, live news, live sports, web series, movies. It is one of the leading platforms in digital entertainment.
Thus, it is completely understandable that you want to watch Hotstar on your Samsung Smart TV. However, since Hotstar has content in many languages, changing language becomes a necessity.
Nonetheless, if you are not used to it, you might have some trouble trying to change the language settings. Don’t worry, I have you covered.
How Can I Change Hotstar Language In Samsung Smart Tv?
You can easily change Hotstar language by following a simple set of steps:
- First, you must search for the videos you want to watch in another language.
- Next, go ahead and play the video.
- Enlarge the video size to full screen.
- Then you can see the “settings” icon on the bottom right clearly. Now click on the icon.
- In that setting, there is an option called audio language.
- Select the languages option for your audio of the video.
- Select your required language and start watching your video.
What To Do If My Samsung Smart Tv Does Not Have Hotstar As An In-Built App?
Some Samsung smart TVs have an inbuilt Hotstar application. If your smart TV does not have it built-in, you should update your software by following the instructions below:
- First, search the settings option on your Samsung smart TV.
- Then click the support option.
- Select the software update option.
- Next, select the option called update now. After updating your software it would be available as a pre-installed application.
You can also go to the App Store on your smart TV and manually download the App.
How Do I Get Subtitles On Hotstar Samsung Tv?
Sometimes, changing languages is not as fun as watching videos in the original language. If you are not a fan of dub, you definitely want subtitles for anything you watch in a foreign language.
Here is the step by step process to add subtitles to your app:
- First, you have to click the video you want to watch.
- In the playback window settings, options are available. There is an option called CC/Subtitle in it.
- Below the subtitles click settings.
- Then select the general settings.
- And select the option called Accessibility and select caption to turn the captions on.
How Can I Change The Video Quality Of Hotstar On Samsung Smart Tv?
To change the video quality of the Hotstar you don’t need to go through many steps. You can do this by following some simple procedures:
1. Firstly you have to open the Hotstar application and play a video you need to watch.
2. Click the settings option that shows inside the player option.
3. In that you can see the quality option
4. Below that you can find some video qualities like Auto, Low, Medium, High, and Full HD.
5. Next you can choose any one of the options you need to watch.
6. Later the Disney plus Hotstar will play all your videos in that quality only.
How Can I Change The Country Code In The Hotstar Application?
Since Hotstar is available in many countries and has worldwide viewers, it has the option to change the location and region of your account. If your application is showing that your “Hotstar content is unavailable in your location” then don’t fret, you can unblock your account.
There are some steps to change the country code of your application that could make your application get a free and easy viewing of your preferred videos.
Step by step process to change your Hotstar application location:
1. First check for an IP address. If you are not able to find it, please search for a proxy IP address on Google that you can find easily.
2. Once you have found the IP address you can log in or sign in to your account and start watching your videos.
Hotstar Playback Error In Samsung Smart Tvs:
While using your Disney plus Hotstar application on your smart TV, you may face some problems. They include not loading, something went wrong, playback error, etc.
You can solve these issues by following some steps like deleting and installing your application, rebooting your device, and software update.
Fixing Hotstar Playback Error:
- Restart your Samsung smart TV.
- Update your software on Samsung smart TV.
- Remove or delete your Hotstar application account from your smart TV and install it again.
- Then you can reset the smart hub on your Samsung smart TV.
Playback Stream Not Available:
This error will occur if you are using your application in areas that do not have good connectivity. It can be due to the connection with unstable internet.
In this situation, you could check the updates of your application and make sure you have a good and fast network connection. Moreover, you could use a VPN, if it works with your Samsung Smart TV
Your Device Does Not Support The Drm Issue On Hotstar:
While watching the videos on your smart TV, it sometimes shows DRM – Data Rights Management Protection. This is to protect the content from unofficial downloads. To watch such videos you need an official subscription and an app that supports DRM.
Hotstar Is Not Working On Smart Tv:
There are many reasons for the app to show like this on Smart TVs. Some of them are improper network, software updates, and unstable connections. First, you have to check whether your app has been updated or not on your TV.
Then, check if your internet connection is good enough. You can also try to delete some cache of the Hotstar application on your smart TVs that can disturb the functioning of your TV.
Hotstar Is Stuck On Loading:
It occurs when your network connection is unstable. So for this issue, you can use a faster Wi-Fi connection. And another cause of this issue is the draining of data in the background. To prevent that, close the apps you have used.
While streaming content on Hotstar, you may have to change some settings such as changing language or adding subtitles. However, with a million applications in the market, it is impossible to remember the procedure for all the settings. It can also be frustrating to find the settings yourself. Hope this article helped you navigate through all the processes you require.