However, nowadays Hotstar is going international and has included so many countries in its widespread wings, such as USA, UK, and Canada, so the content cannot be restricted to a certain language. The app caters to India and its various ethnicities too, such as Hindi, Bengali, Kannada, Marathi, Malayalam, Gujarati, Telugu, and Tamil, etc.
A user can easily look for a favorite video of theirs and then show it in various other languages and enjoy the streaming content in their comfort and interest. However, a person can even watch certain shows with a different language and use subtitles in their Language to understand the context of the video without disturbing the original audio of the video. Let us see how we can change the Language without disturbing the quality of the video.
What is Hotstar, and how can you download it?
Hotstar is also known as Disney + Hotstar, which is known to be a streaming OTT platform that comes with a lot of visual content such as movies, TV shows, musical shows, and sports, gaming videos, etc. The user base of the app is diverse as it is present and spread across the globe. Users can even live stream from the app and can even watch local channels that you would get on your local cable connection.
Downloading Hotstar is fairly an easy job and is mentioned below:
- Open your Samsung Smart TV and press the ‘Home’ button and choose the ‘Apps’ option.
- You will see a variety of apps in the Samsung Store. You can download only those apps that you see in the Samsung Store, and Disney+ Hotstar is available over it.
- Once you locate the app, click on the Install option.
- It will take a few minutes to download. The time taken to download will depend on your internet speed.
- It will either open automatically, or you will have to select the ‘open’ option in the Samsung store to open the app.
- Or you can find the app installed on your home screen.
- When you open the app, it will quickly run its setup, and you will be able to use it easily.
How to change language settings on the Hotstar app?
On the Samsung smart TV, you can change the Language like you would for any other app. We will give you a detailed explanation of how to do it:
- Choose the video you are planning to watch.
- Now select and play that video. A whole video will open up on your screen.
- Now, click on the ‘Settings’ icon and select the ‘Audio language’ option. The setting icon will be located on the top of the video player.
- Select the Language you want, and the audio of the Language will be changed effectively.
Hotstar also allows users to see the videos and TV shows based on the Language they wish to see.
- Open the app and now click on the Home menu on the top left side of the screen. It is denoted by three dotted lines.
- Now you can choose the ‘language’ option.
The app will now show you a wide variety of shows that are available in different languages.
How do I get subtitles on the Hotstar app in Samsung Smart TV?
Hotstar users can also change or add new subtitles language for a particular video. If you want to choose a subtitle, click on the subtitle button if it is accessible for that video. A drop-down menu will appear showing available languages that you can choose from. Now choose the language of your choice. However, English is the national Language, remains the most common Language for subtitles that you would find.
There are also a lot of features that are not present in the web interface as compared to mobile apps. This is because the company wants to push all the mobile web users to mobile application usage as it can provide a better performance and give a mistake-free performance to the users.
Q1. How can I change Hotstar Language?
You can easily change the Language by going to the Home menu that is located on the top left of the Home page and selecting ‘Language.’ Now, you can choose the language of your choice from the drop-down menu. The Home menu icon is denoted by three parallel lines.
Q2. How can I add another language to my Samsung Smart TV?
Go to the Home menu by pressing on your remote, select ‘Settings’ from the menu, and select General. Now in the General menu, choose ‘System Manager’ and click on Language. A drop-down menu will appear from which you can choose the Language.
Q3. Why does my TV keep talking in Spanish?
Sometimes, TV remotes come with a button entirely dedicated to changing languages, and if you didn’t know, it could be that the button must have been pressed by accident which is why you hear Spanish. You can check the user manual of the remote to find the language button and change the Language back to what you want.
Samsung Smart TV is a great TV as it offers so many online platforms such as Netflix, Amazon prime video, and Hotstar. Hotstar is one of the most popular OTT platforms there is in our country. It has so much content over it, and people can even live stream through the app. However, all these OTT platforms are not bound to India only. They are widespread over so many countries and therefore cater to so many languages that it makes it ideal for anybody sitting anywhere across the globe.
However, the Hotstar app’s integration interface remains constant everywhere. Therefore, it is fairly an easy job to change the Language over the app. It has a wide range of languages such as English, Hindi, Korean, Spanish, Chinese, German and French, etc. Therefore, we can say that changing Language over an OTT app on the Samsung Smart TV can be done by following the steps mentioned above.